Virtual Workshops & Groups
CAMHS offers a wonderful array of virtual programs for students to promote mental wellbeing every semester. Participation in one of our many online groups or workshops provides a confidential, safe and supportive space to discuss your concerns and learn coping skills with others who may have similar challenges. Any of these programs can help you change and reach personal goals, foster stress management skills, and alleviate feelings of alienation and loneliness. The number of sessions varies in frequency depending on group format. Be sure to email the group leader to express your interest and they will get back to you.
NOTE: CAMHS workshops and groups are open to Harvard undergraduate and graduate students who pay the Student Health Fee (SHF), which is required for the majority of students. If you have a question about eligibility, please call patient registration (617-495-5795).
Are you interested in joining a group?
- If you are interested in a specific group, please email the group leader with any questions and include your student ID.
Be sure to check the CAMHS calendar for the most current schedule.
- We can also customize a workshop for a Harvard undergraduate or graduate program. Contact CAMHS Community Engagement Specialist: Tara Cousineau, PhD. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s the difference in group formats?
- Psychoeducational workshops are skills-based, typically 4-8 sessions, and are voluntary to join. Most are drop-in as needed but you will get the most benefit by attending the series (for example, the Managing Emotions or CPR for Mental Wellbeing).
- Support groups are also drop-in and require communication with the group facilitator to ensure the right fit (for example, the Recovery or Queer Support Groups).
- Therapy groups require a referral from your CAMHS clinician and a clinical pre-screening with the group facilitator. Therapy groups typically have 6-8 members (for example, Graduate Students Support Group).
- Check the CAMHS calendar for current listings.
- To request a future workshop for your program, please take a look at the the types of offerings on our Groups menu, and contact the staff clinician for more information or reach out to Tara Cousineau, PhD, Marketing and Community Engagement Specialist, email@example.com